Friday, March 11, 2011

When Training is not the Answer


Wednesday, March 23, 2:00pm EST.

Is a training program the answer to your workplace problems? Although I make my living as a trainer and educator, there are many situations where I tell potential customers that I don't think a workshop, seminar, or class is appropriate. Let me share 15 reasons not to hire me and what is going to work better to resolve personnel and productivity issues. Although most of the examples come from my work with libraries, universities, schools, local government, and nonprofit organizations, these ideas apply to pretty much any workshop.

Pat Wagner has been a trainer, educator and consultant for public, nonprofit, and private sectors workplaces for almost 40 years. She is known for her practical and good-humored programs.

No comments: